Day 5: Your top 5 songs of all time.
Okay, well, I am not known for my musical tastes. My hubby has music on all the time, at work, in the car, while sailing, the moment he gets up in the morning. My children usually have their iPods going or play music on their computers. And my daughter knows every word to every song she’s ever heard.
Yet there are some songs I love to hear and I do have some favourites.
1. Bach’s Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1. Quite honestly I think this is the most beautiful piece of music ever written.
2. Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen (although not necessarily performed by Leonard Cohen). There are some amazing versions of this song, although most people had never heard of it before Shrek! If I could sing one song well, I’d want it to be this one.
3. My Bonnie sung by Laura Smith. This is not just the folk song you are used to. It is a haunting rendition that I love.
4. Time to Say Goodbye sung by Andrea Bocelli. The first time I heard this, our family was on our sailboat in Lake Ontario watching a fireworks competition. You would turn on your radio and listen to the music that the fireworks were set to. This song came on and my hubby was so enthusiastic about it and his reaction is why I love it so much – and it is really a beautiful song.
I honestly cannot think of a fifth one that stands out, although I’m sure there is one…so I’m just going to say my favourite right now.
5. Small of My Heart by Madison Violet. This song is not about a mother keeping her children in the small of her heart when she is way from them, but that’s what I think of when I hear the song. And that’s what I do.