24. A life lesson you’ve learned.
I think at (almost) 50, I’ve learned a few. So one per decade…and a P.S.
1. You can’t change people, only your reaction to them. This is something my mom told me which continues to be a challenge. (Chalk up a well deserved “I told you so” to the mom.)
2. DGAF – don’t give a…fudge. The most liberating thing is living your life not worried about what others think, not trying to please them nor follow their agenda over your own. This is not about being ignorant of or careless with other people’s feelings; it’s about taking away the shackles that hold you down.
3. Take care of your body. Honestly. I mean it. Eat. Sleep. Exercise. Moisturize. Floss.
4. Just do it. This is not about exercise, it’s about the tendency to over think and over plan everything. Stop waiting for the perfect time. It’s now.
5. You teach people how to treat you. Make sure they learn how valuable you are.
P.S. Spend time every day showing the important people in your life how much you care, how special they are to you and what amazing people they are.